Well, my first crafting love anyway. Stationery. It just soothes my soul to pull out my trusty little paper cutter and see that stack of brightly colored envelopes just waiting for a pretty little card to hold.
I had a couple of dear friends with birthdays this week, so I happily nabbed the opportunity to put together a little personalized package for them. One enjoyable Saturday crafternoon later, here’s what I had in my hands:
Personalized flat cards with handmade envelopes for Sara.
Personalized flat cards with fancy Norman Rockwell envelope liners for Anna:
Think you can’t do this? You can! Here are my secret weapons:
- Paper Source envelope templates
- Paper Source envelope liner templates
- Paper Source envelopes in any color you can imagine
- Large sheets of paper for envelopes. Try wrapping paper, or the 12×12″ sheets you can find at craft stores.
- Interesting designs/patterns/photos for envelope liners. I’ve used sheet music, comics, and best of all, thrift store coffee table books (like Norman Rockwell paintings). Get creative!
- Card stock in any color you like. Print someone’s monogram or name in a cool font to make simple flat cards.
- Double-sided tape (It’s easy to work with and glue falls apart, trust me.)
So go get to crafting already!