Today’s project comes to you from Pinterest. Painted wooden spoons with a coat of shellac to give them a sort of ceramic look. They were so easy! You should give it a try. Especially if you consider yourself a non-crafting sort.
Here are all of the materials I used:
- Wooden spoons from the dollar store
- Acrylic craft paint from JoAnn
- Sponge brushes from JoAnn
- Shellac from Home Depot (JoAnn doesn’t have it)
Now here’s the how-to:
- Start with some basic wooden spoons.
- Tape off the handle with masking tape.
- Paint the handle with craft paint. (Get creative with mixing colors. That’s the fun part.)
- Give it 2 coats of shellac and peel off the tape.
A few more views because I was having fun taking pictures. Can you tell I like my new succulent?
This was a quick and easy project and I wish I had gotten more spoons! I’m excited to keep some for myself, but they’d also make a great little hostess or house-warming gift. Yeah, I’m a grown up wife now. Look at me talking about hostess gifts.